Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fruits of My Labor for the Kingdom

I've been working like a card making elf! In the last week I've finished seven boxes of cards that I'm going to sell for my Kingdom Assignment. I invested the original 100.00 in supplies. My goal is to sell 8 boxes of cards and 10 journals. I sell my boxed cards for 25.00, the box has 6 to 8 cards, depending on the design of the cards. Journals that I make are 30.00 and usually include a matching gift bag. If I can sell everything that I make, I will have multiplied my Kingdom Assignment money by five! I'm going to have my goodies at the tea party on May 8th for sale. But, I thought that I'd also offer my things to anyone out there who is interested! I know that May 8th when people see my cards and journals in real life, they will go quickly. So, now is your chance. And, since I haven't finished all the journals yet, you could maybe even talk me into making something sort of custom for you. Let me know what you'd like and I'll see what I can do!

I went to Carla's today to pray some more and to finalize our plans for the tea party. Again we were reminded that this is really God's tea party. How much fun it is to trust Him everyday with even this! I know the tea party is going to be fun. As Carla and I talked about the details we felt ourselves slipping in to worry. What if we don't have enough people come, what if it rains, what if we don't end up multiplying our Kingdom Assignment money very much?????? But, that is just fear talking; and us forgetting who is really in charge. God is really the party planner and grand invitation extender. Carla and I are simply the hostesses of the day.

Here are some words from Scripture that helped me remember our purpose today:
"All this {new life, new hope, no fear} is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2Corinthians 5:17-21

That is what our tea party is all about, extending the reconciliation of Christ to any who might need it. We have been given a beautiful party because of His death for us. What a joy it is to extend that party invitation! Who will you invite to go with you to the party?

1 comment:

Buffy said...

Congratulations, Sarah! You've been awarded the Sunshine Award for having such a positive and upbeat blog. Visit my blog for more details -

http://buffycooper.typepad.com/my_weblog/