Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My first scarf!

I wanted to learn how to knit this year because my daughter just learned. So, I asked her to teach me! She learned at Christmas when Grandma was here and could give a few lessons. Our church has a new knitting group starting up this month, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for the two of us to join a club together. We'll be donating the scarves we knit to Shepherd's Gate in Livermore, a shelter for women and children.

I've been excited to knit this first scarf and make the embellishment for it too. It has been even more fun to make it knowing that it will be a special gift to a woman who needs to feel the warmth of Christ's live in the midst of crisis.

Then, as I finished the scarf and I took the picture...I remembered, "HEY!! My word is "share"!! What better way to share than to be knitting for other people."

How cool is that!?

No comments: