Sunday, August 14, 2011

August Already?


I should go back through my blog since I started and find out how many times I've said something like, "Wow, where has the time gone!?" I'm thinking it would be something I've said almost as many times as I have posted.

Time has flown this spring into summer and on into school planning already!

I have taken hundreds of pictures since last I posted. The above monogram was a door hanging that I made for my friend Carla for her 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration. I collaborated with a local guy for the wood letters. Carla's instructions were "something with silver and Jeff's and my letters". So, pretty wide open instructions! I liked how the end result turned out. I ended up hanging it on Carla's door on the 4th of July weekend.

Since then, well, a month has gone by. A month crammed with lots of stuff. I was describing what's been going on in my life to a friend by saying that it rather felt like someone picked up my fruit basket, tossed it up in the air and yelled, "CATCH" at me. So much fruit was flying above me that I couldn't seem to grab just one piece of fruit and I ended up missing most of the fruit. AND, I don't juggle!

My husband has been going through some job stress for some time now; who hasn't been there lately? My children are growing at a predictable, but scary fast, rate. High School is half over for my eldest already! Our lives are on a path that we've never been on before. I find myself saying, "It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out".

I'm going to remember Summer 2011 for a long time. So much has been happening. I hope that someday really soon I'll be able to say that it was a real turning point in our lives and that we have seen God clearly through all of the turns.

Hopefully the fruit has all quit flying for a while and I'll be able to pick it all up and return some to the fruit basket for eating, some to the compost heap, and maybe even share some of the remaining good fruit with friends.

2 comments:

Hi Kooky said...

BEAUTIFUL monogram! I've never seen anything quite like it.

God must be in the business of upsetting fruit baskets lately because my July was nutso too. Every time I felt like I was getting my footing, someone pulled the rug out again.

Peace to you during this time!

Sarah Fravel said...

Thanks Kooky! The monogram is truly a "OOAK" as we say in the biz...One Of A Kind!! Sorry to hear you've been down the nutso path lately too. God is faithful though, we will prevail in His good strength!