Monday, August 16, 2010

Bounty of Summer

Does it feel like Fall is around the corner? I know that my Midwest friends really want Fall to be that close, and my East Coast friends have been sweltering too. Thoughts are turning toward Fall for the cooler temperatures as well as for sending children back to school. Friday I did a little watercoloring. I loved how these birch trees turned out. I could almost hear the cool breezes rustling through the leaves. However, August though it may be, it does not seem like Fall is on its way any time soon.
So, I bring you some of Summer's Bounty in these beautiful Dahlias that my friend Mary brought me today.

Aren't they lovely!? Thanks Mary for brightening my day!



1 comment:

Hi Kooky said...

I LOVE the birch trees, and those dahlias are simply gorgeous. Bounty indeed!