Friday, July 23, 2010

Products of my creative juices

I have to confess that I CASE'd this idea from Kristina Werner. She has a video that will show you how to make a similar card if you want to learn how. Her site is kwernerdesign.com. I'm only telling you her site because I know you love me and won't completely abandon me for her. I used the retired "Gratuitous Graffiti" background stamp, a white gel pen, scallop circle punch and white gel pen.
I created this card because I have a load of summer sun, only orange and pink passion that are now retired and need to be used up. Fox and Friends is the stamp set that I used, along with various circle punches. The pink passion circles are the faux suede technique. If you want instructions on how to do that let me know.
Ok, this one is sooo cute! Don't you think? I love owls, they are so hot now. I didn't really love them until they became hot. Although, I did have a favorite stuffed owl when I was a small child, named Xy, after Mister Roger's puppet character of the same name. This card doesn't have any stamping on it! And, it has a hint of my secret new found passion--using old books for interesting background papers. The cute owls are from the new punch Two Step Owl Extra Large. I just punched out a bunch of the little guys with different designer papers, and there ya go...so many fun combos! The tree branch is hand cut from Soft Suede textured paper. The background is a book page that I ran through the Big Shot with the Top Note die. Stay tuned for more with old book pages....
This one is using the new stamp set, Artistic Etchings from SU, the words are from Sincere Salutations. Enjoy these and stay tuned for more even better stuff!

3 comments:

Hi Kooky said...

Oh my goodness, so adorable. You have such a talent for this art. So, so pretty!

Sarah Fravel said...

Thank you! I do love paper! :) I have more fun stuff to post tomorrow. It will be a project with old book pages and paper lunch bags.

Valerie said...

ADORABLE! I love the owls.

Em's Sweet 16 is a Paris theme; I may have to get the Eiffel Tower to make invitations...Let me know cost?

Miss you!