Thursday, November 26, 2009

Satisfied

I hope you don't eat too much today, or in the days to come! I wanted to share a hymn with you today from Clara Williams, written in 1881. I tried to find out more about her, but was unable to.

All my life long I had panted for a draught from some clear spring, that I hoped would quench the burning of the thirst I felt with in.
Chorus
Feeding on the husks around me till my strength was almost gone, longed my soul for something better only still to hunger on.
Chorus
Poor I was, and sought for riches, something that would satisfy, but the dust I gathered round me only mocked my soul's sad cry.
Chorus
Well of water ever springing, bread of life so rich and free, untold wealth that never faileth, my Redeemer is to me.
Chrous: Halleluljah! I have found him whom my sould so long has craved! Jesus satisfies my longings, Thro' his blood I now am saved.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: